A wide variety of Junipers are available that range from ground cover plants to shrubs to tall upright trees.
- Alternate Common Name: None
- Average Height: Junipers are highly variable in height and width and can take on many shapes, from low growing ground covers to towering trees, depending on the variety.
- Average Width: Variable
- Leaf Description: Leaves of junipers are generally needle-like when young, turning scale like with age.
- Bark Description: Juniper bark is usually thin, shredding and fragrant.
- Twig Description: Twigs are slender, covered in small scales or sharply pointed buds.
- Flowering: Male flowers most often unite into catkins.