Fraser fir (abies fraseri) are prized by many as Christmas trees. When permanently planted, they can grow as high as 40 feet and as wide as 25 feet.
- Average Height: A mature Fraser fir can grow to 30-40 feet tall.
- Average Width: Abies fraseri can grow to 20-25 feet wide.
- Leaf Description: Fraser fir trees have flattened needles, 3/4 inch long, blunt or notched at the end. They are shiny dark green above and silvery below.
- Bark Description: Fraser fir bark is silvery gray-brown,and smooth except for resin blisters. Its largest stems may become a bit scaly.
- Twig Description: Twigs are yellow-green at first, later turning gray. Buds are round, reddish brown, resinous; leaf scars are flat and rounded.
- Needle or Broadleaf: Needle bearing