Catalpa Tree (Catalpa speciosa)
- Alternate Common Name: None
- Average Height: The Catalpa tree can grow as tall as 80 feet.
- Average Width: Average spread is 20-40 feet.
- Leaf Description: Large heart-shaped leaves almost look tropical.
- Bark Description: Catalpa tree bark ranges from scaly to ridged, to blocky plates. On young tree seedlings the bark is thin and easily damaged by impact, or rodents.
- Twig Description: Stout twigs with leaf scars that resemble suction cups. Branching pattern is whorled
- Flowering: Showy white flowers in early spring
- Needle or Broadleaf: Broadleafed
- Comments: None