American Mountain Ash (Sorbus americana)
- Alternate Common Name: None
- Average Height: 40ft
- Average Width: 20ft
- Leaf Description: American mountain ash leaves are green in Spring and Summer and green in Fall. They are imparipinnate - odd pinnate in shape.
- Bark Description: When young, American mountain ash bark is smooth with numerous lenticels, grayish brown, developing cracks, splits and scaly patches with age.
- Twig Description: Moderate to stout, shiny gray to reddish brown, spur shoot present, leaf scars narrow, buds 3/8 to 1/2 inch long, dark purplish red and sticky
- Flowering: White flowers in early Summer.
- Needle or Broadleaf: Broadleafed
- Comments: None