Transtect™ (compares to Safari®) is a systemic insecticide that provides season long control of a broad spectrum of pests. Its unique properties provide rapid uptake and efficacy. It works fast enough to allow just-in-time treatments in the summer when imidacloprid (Xytect™) is too slow. Transtect™ can be used for a variety of situations where fast results are needed including:
- Recovery treatments on infested trees, such as those attacked by emerald ash borer, hemlock woolly adelgid, two-lined chestnut borer, and bronze birch borer.
- Scale insects such as pine needle scale, elongate hemlock scale, asian cycad scale, calico scale, cottony maple scale, and lecanium scale.
Transtect™ is labeled for the following tree and shrub pests:
- Adelgids (such as: hemlock woolly adelgid), aphids, emerald ash borer, two-lined chestnut, bronze birch, glassy-winged sharpshooter, Japanese beetle (adults), lacebugs, leaf beetle (such as elm, viburnum), leafhoppers, leafminers, plant bugs, psyllids (such as Asian citrus), soft scale, armored scales (such as: pine needle, elongate hemlock, euonymus)
Transtect™ comes in two sizes:
• The 2 pack treats 10 inches of trunk diameter at the high rate and 34 inches of diameter at the low rate.
• The 20 packet canister treats 100 inches of trunk diameter at the high rate and 317 inches of trunk diameter at the low rate.
Soil Drench,Systemic Bark Spray
Applications of Transtect™ can be made throughout the growing season as long as the ground is not frozen or saturated with water. For pest-specific application timing, please view the product label.
Note: A treatment of Transtect™ lasts for one season. To ensure proper tree health, Transtect™ should be applied once every year.
Note: This product cannot be sold in the following states: AL, AR, HI, ID, MS, NM, NV, NY, ND, OK, PR, SD, WY. Pesticide Applicators License Required in Massachusetts, not available in Canada. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Transtect is available in the following sizes/variations.
Not all products are available for sale in all states. Make sure that any product you intend to purchase is registered for use in your state, and that you have all of the required licenses to apply the product purchased. Any recommendations made by the tree geek website or its employees are based on limited knowledge of your area and are for informational purposes only. Always seek advice from a local professional if you are not sure of your tree or pest identity.